Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Aspiration.

You may not know this
But I have an mild (read: unhealthy) obsession with the song
"Viva La Vida" by Coldplay
Despite the recent controversy surrounding it
I just think it's...well, there's no real way for me to explain it.
The melody strikes chords in my mind, body and soul
You may not feel this way
But not all songs are meant for all people.

Regardless of whether or not Chris Martin is singing about the Crusades
Or parallel universes...I'll leave that decision up to you.
Whatever the case
It's a hell of a song.

Why bring this up?
Well, I was scouring the internet looking to see if there was an official music video for the song
(Not just the Apple Ad)
And of course, I came across YouTube.
In all honesty, I try to avoid YouTube like the plague
It's just so...well, I don't know.
It's YouTube.

Anyway, I came across a cover of "Viva La Vida"
And I had no choice but to watch it
I mean...really.
Look at this:


...
I mean
Shit.
That's talent.
Not just the very good imitation of the song
I mean the abilities of the people involved.
The Pianist doesn't miss a beat
Perfect synchronization
The Guitarist...just amazing
Multi-tasking at it's best.

That's just...fucking amazing
Excuse my language.
I really don't know what else to say about it
If you can't appreciate that
You just don't matter.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'd like to be like that someday
I don't know how you do it
I mean...just...
...damn.

Just to play half that well would make my day.
I know I know
It takes a ton of practice
I know.
But sometimes I wonder, you know
...can I?
...could I?
...really?
I don't know.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I just need to learn how to play.

No comments: