Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Introduction.


This is me.
My name...is completely irrelevant.
I'm a fun-loving guy for the most part.
Not particularly hilarious or sagely intelligent
But I make do.
...most of the time.

This is Maiko.
She is my guitar.
Brilliant concept, no?
I got her at the local Guitar Center for about $100.
Quite a deal.

This is why.
She has a rather large dent on her side.
But that doesn't take away from the beautiful sounds she makes.
I love her still.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Like many disgruntled youth
I've always envied those who play guitar.
Never thought I'd be able to myself
But I saw something...magical in the way people play.
Not just guitars either...keyboards, harps, drums, even singing.
When a musician is fully present in his/her work
The results are astounding.

I haven't been playing long
About a year
So I still haven't found my niche (if you will)
I don't think I'm particularly gifted
But my better half would disagree.
(I tend not to listen to her)

I have a lot to learn
A lot to be taught
A lot to feel
And a lot to do.

But I will learn to play.
...I will.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

There are other things that come to mind
But of course, they aren't important.
I don't like to ramble on needlessly
Or cram the screen with pictures.
...I just play.

No comments: