Friday, June 27, 2008

Inspiration

Inspiration comes in many different forms in many different ways
For some people, it's other people
For other people, it's nature
And some people are just naturally gifted that way, I suppose.
I don't really know.

But what is inspiration?
I find it to be something that makes you want to replicate
Imitate
Appreciate
Something that just awes you or makes you reconsider things you swore you knew.
It's what causes...change in people
Change in ideals
Change in lifestyles
Inspiration.

It instills confidence
Bravery
A willingness to go into the new.
It's...inspiration.

Such a powerful tool
And you may not even know you've given it to someone.
That's what's truly amazing to me.
You can just walk down the street and inspire someone to do something.
I'm not saying you should walk down the street like you're the end-all be-all
It's just chance
A wonderful opportunity of a chance.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My inspirations come from every person I see walking down the street
With an acoustic guitar strapped to their back
Whether their in front of the local cafe playing
or on their way to a performance
Nothing is better than a live music performance.
No one is perfect, but damn if they don't give off...something.
Some kind of aura, some kind of charisma and power
Something about a person with a guitar makes me stop and listen every single time.
If they put their heart and soul in what they do
You can't just walk by that
You can't.
You'd be ignoring what it means to be human
What it means to live.
It's....music.
It's...light.
It's...life.

I wish I could show appreciation for every individual artist
I don't know how
But I wish I could.

Music deserves to be respected.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

In all the world there are musicians large and small
Expressing their love and lament of life
There are songs that can part cloudy skies
And ones to cause terrible storms
I have not yet found my way through words
...I just play.

No comments: