Monday, March 15, 2010

Live Show

Last night I had the great fortune to witness acoustic duo
Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Performing some incredible music.
I mean I was really awestruck.

In case you've never heard their music
(Which you must rectify this instant)
It's a blend of fast picking, percussion, acoustic beauty.
Seriously.
With just 2 guitars they make it sound like there's a whole band.
It's a truly amazing thing to witness firsthand.
I am incredibly grateful that I got to see them
(and it's a good thing I bought those tickets 2 months in advance
They sell out really really quickly)

I love Gabriela's playing style.
I just can't figure out how she does it
I suppose that's part of the magic.
She's really adorable too.
In the sense that yes, she is attractive
But she's also very meek and quiet
...At least when she gets in front of the microphone.
She loves to jam though
Watching her get excited and jump around the stage was certainly
one of the better parts of the show.
The whole thing was amazing.

Rodrigo's soloing skills could quite possibly be the stuff of legend.
He had very recently purchased a Gibson guitar in Nashville, Tennesee
And let me tell you, he earned that thing.
His fingers...they move like spiders through their own webs
A very big sense of ownership with a touch of delicacy.
I can only imagine what kind of practice and dedication he's put into it.

They have some serious metal influence on their playing
which is only the tip of their iceburg.
I only wish I could see them again
Or y'know...have them sign my guitar
...that would've been really fuckin sweet...
But, alas I did not get the chance
(despite my house being a block away from the venue...grumble grumble...)

I am more than content with just hearing their perfomance
and witnessing that piece of history live.

I could keep ranting on and on
But by now I think you get the point
Besides, it would just be better for you to go and see them yourself
Then you might understand.

Just
Before you do
Be prepared for a lot of drunk people to scream Gabriela's name repeatedly.
Drunk people love that woman.

No comments: