Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting Better


I sit here
At 3 in the morning
Wondering what else I could be doing
Probably sleeping
At least, thats what I should be doing
But it never works out that way.
So I revisit here
And I realize
I do a terrible job of updating and keeping track of my own music.
I'm working on it, I promise
I've managed to organize all of my Tabs into neat little folders
Slow Music, Medium Tempo, Upbeat, Capo'd Songs, etc.
It's very useful to have it put that way
And maybe in enough time I won't have to keep glancing back at the tabs
But I just can seem to remember all the chords for all the songs
Or even all the words
Sometimes I get confused
But I guess that's to be expected.

I did of course, purchase a new microphone for the purpose of recording
But apparently I try too hard in front of a microphone.
I admit to this
Probably because I feel like I'm performing
I get more "on edge" if you will.
Is there a secret to overcoming that?
Probably just doing it more often
That would be my guess.

I have recorded a song for today's entry
Today's selection will be my cover of
System Of A Down - Lonely Day



I have lots of other things to talk about as well
But I will save them for future entries
I wouldn't want to bore anyone, now would I?

On a side note, Maiko is temporarily out of commission
I accidently broke one of the pins that holds the strings in place
So I must journey to the Guitar Store tomorrow and find some replacements
Then of course I actually have to finish changing the strings
Which is what I meant to do in the first place
But apparently she's mad at me for not doing it earlier.

I'm sorry Maiko.

I'll make it better, I promise.

No comments: